- Balance and stability
- Body orientation
- Fine and gross motor skills
Absolutely - you can bring you baby swimming any time from birth (Learn more) however our lessons start from 6 months old. By starting at this age allows you as a parent time to develop the skills and confidence in handling your baby in an aquatic environment. They have also generally developed good neck control which makes the lessons a lot easier.
As well as confidence in the water and water safety skills swimming lessons will also help your baby develop balance, hand eye coordination, language, body orientation, fine and gross motor skills and social skills. It is also a great opportunity to help develop your babies Emotional development as it allows time for parent child one on one time. The skin to skin contact required in these lessons is great for this.
It is best to try and fit around your babies sleep routine. Booking a time that is normally when your child would be sleeping in some cases can be disrupting for them.
- Safe entry and exit
- Water confidence and Submerge and blowing bubbles (5 seconds)
- Float assisted front and back
- Float/Gilde unassisted front and back
- Streamlined kick front and back 5m
- Horizontal rotation
- Freestyle arm action on front with kick (5 arms at least)
- Backstroke arms with kick
- Breaststroke legs on back